The Admissions Process at St Mary's School consists of the following steps:
- Families contact the Director of Admissions to schedule an on-site school tour
- Families create an account via the school Online Admissions Portal and then complete the Online Application. During the application process, families must provide the appropriate paperwork to the school (birth certificate, baptismal certificate if Catholic, SC DHEC 4024 immunization form, transcripts, and letter of recommendation from a previous teacher if applicable)
- Families must schedule placement testing for students in grades K5 through 8. Placement testing is conducting on campus and usually takes between one and two hours. There is a $100 testing fee per child.
- Upon successful completion of testing and submission of all required paperwork, families will receive an official Letter of Acceptance. At this time, the $400 registration fee (K4 through 8) or $200 registration fee (K3) is due to reserve the child's spot in the school for the upcoming school year.
- Once all other steps are complete, families will be able to log in to ParentWeb and FACTS to finalize their tuition payment plan for the upcoming school year.
Please contact the Director of Admissions with any questions about this process.
Requirements for Admission
When accepting new students, St Mary’s grants preference to children of active parishioners and siblings of current students. To be eligible for enrollment, on or before September 1st, students must be:
- Grade K3 — 3 years old
- Grade K4 — 4 years old
- Grade K5 — 5 years old
- Grade 1 — 6 years old
Only children who have learned to use the restroom independently are eligible for admission.
Admissions Testing (K5-Grade 8) is used to determine academic eligibility and grade-level placement. St Mary’s has excellent teachers, but does not offer resource personnel to meet exceptional needs. To be eligible for admissions, students must have a good conduct record at their previous school.
Schools in the Diocese of Charleston admit students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made possible to students at the schools.